I firmly believe in practicing evidence based medicine, but also realize that treatment needs to be specifically tailored to each individual patient's wants and needs.
I also believe that my role as a Cardiologist is not only to be a specialist in preventive medicine and the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac diseases, but to also treat each of my patients with the utmost respect and kindness he or she deserves.
Carefully listening and allowing adequate time to discuss any of my patient's concerns regarding his or her care, symptoms, diagnosis, medications, and plans are all vitally important to me.
My wife and I have been married over 17 years and enjoy spending time with our children and family. My family and I also enjoy exercising, tennis, sailing, mountain climbing, and traveling.
- Medical Degree: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Internship & Residency: Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Fellowship: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Certifications and memberships:
- Board certified in both Cardiology and Internal Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of American Heart Association
- ASE Certification of special competency in Echocardiography
- Kansas State Scholar
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Trainee Investigator Award ASCI
- Extensive researcher and author